Mid Cap Buyout & Growth Capital,
by Omnes Capital
- Leading French SMEs with solid fundamentals, a resilient business model and strong development potential through organic and/or external growth
- Enterprise value between €40 million and €180 million
- Ticket size between €8 million and €25 million
- Buyout and growth capital transactions
- A committed shareholder: Omnes works alongside entrepreneurs sharing the same business vision for their project
- As a responsible shareholder, Omnes has signed up to the UN PRI and systematically incorporates ESG factors (environment, social, governance) into its analyses. These criteria are monitored each year to identify and propose ESG-related areas for improvement to management. An economic impact study is carried out at exit
- Omnes is an entrepreneurial investor: the team draws on a network of experts with seasoned industry knowledge to provide highly effective guidance to portfolio companies
- Value creation underpinned by earnings growth in portfolio companies
- Distinctive deal flow: regional opportunities seized ahead of the market thanks to the team’s personal network of contacts and its historical ties to the Crédit Agricole Group
- Strong regional roots giving it first-class access to primary transactions
- Longstanding expertise, with the fourth generation of funds currently in fundraising
A family affair
Look back at a cordial and productive partnership
After Omnes first invested in the Melkonian group in 2008, commodity prices suddenly collapsed, plunging two-thirds in one quarter owing to a burgeoning financial crisis and a freeze on mining investment projects. But Omnes Capital did not lose confidence in the business.
In 2009, Melkonian managed to deliver profitable growth despite the crisis, by winning new customers.
Our key duty was to help the founders to build up their self-confidence and to make strategic decisions and take risks”, says Benjamin Arm, Managing Director at Omnes. This included the roll-out of an intermediate level of operational management and a strategy committee, a switchover from outright trading to the design, manufacture and marketing of equipment, and the creation of subsidiaries – in countries including Niger and Burkina Faso – to get closer to its customers while retaining its wholly French identity. Melkonian rose masterfully to a number of different challenges and we were delighted to have stood alongside it.