Mid Cap Buyout & Growth Capital,
by Omnes Capital
- Leading European & French SMEs with solid fundamentals, a resilient business model and strong growth potential (organic or acquisitive) notably internationally
- Enterprise value between €40 million and €300 million
- Ticket size between €15 million and €50 million
- Buyout and growth capital transactions
- A committed shareholder: Omnes works alongside entrepreneurs sharing the same business vision for their project
- As a responsible shareholder, Omnes has joined several initiatives (PRI, Initiative Climate 2020, France Invest, Invest Europe) and systematically incorporates ESG factors (environment, social, governance) into its analyses. These criteria are monitored each year to identify and propose ESG-related areas for improvement to management. An economic impact study is carried out at exit
- Omnes is an entrepreneurial investor: the team draws on a network of experts with seasoned industry knowledge to provide highly effective guidance to portfolio companies
- Value creation underpinned by earnings growth in portfolio companies
- Distinctive deal flow: regional opportunities seized ahead of the market thanks to the team’s personal network of contacts and its historical ties to the Crédit Agricole Group
- Strong regional roots giving it first-class access to primary transactions
- Longstanding expertise, with the fourth generation of funds currently in fundraising
Last December, Omnes invested in Captain Tortue, the European leader in direct selling of women’s ready-to-wear clothing, alongside BIP Capital Partners.
We sit down with Nathalie Coppola, Managing Director of Captain Tortue.
After spending 25 years working for UScompanies (Avon and Tupperware), Ifound it very invigorating joining this French family success story to continue its development and double its international success. My challenge is exciting: convincing teams to embark on a bigger journey, by applying the big American groups’ recipes, while maintaining Captain Tortue’s qualitative ingredients. As a Parisian, I did not know anything about the direct selling sector, but I ended up dedicating my entire career to it. It is a fascinating profession because it is deeply human and feminine.
The women who join us have often left their first job to devote themselves to selling our products. We must support them and identify talents capable of leading sales teams and developing their business.
One of the particularities of direct selling is the independent status of our sales force on the ground. As a result, you have to make people want to do things, rather than dictate. I therefore adopt a human management approach, making sure I motivate my teams, coach them and support them towards more autonomy and success. I try to inject good humour and passion in my employees, so that they feel good at work and give the maximum. I also pay particular attention to the age pyramid, to ensure good balance between all generations.
Their curiosity, their desire to understand our business model and their willingness to support us in our internationalization. The Omnes teams are very present and attentive, our discussions are lively and open. Omnes brings us their network and expertise on topics further away from our fields of expertise such as digital transformation for example.
A disposal that showcases an exemplary partnership.
Revenues up more than 500%
Omnes Capital acquired a stake in the company in 2010 in a primary leveraged buyout. In five years of achievement, the group has seen record growth.
The value-added distributor had two major strengths : the disruptive nature of its business (putting an end to the risk of technological obsolescence) and a distribution model that could be replicated internationally.
"The tasks were clearly shared out.They were in charge of technological watch and we were responsible for driving development through external growth and implementing the necessary financial resources", says Philippe Zurawski.
Exclusive Networks "muscled up"through a series of acquisitions.
Its growth rate today is four to five times higher than that of its rivals, with peaks at 60%. Margins are increasing through the sale of services, including training and maintenance. Despite the loss of an important card in 2011 – taken over by Cisco then integrated in its own distribution network – it is set to report revenues of €700 million at end-2015.
What made you choose Omnes in 2010 ?
We were looking for an investor with a robust standing to realise our acquisition strategy and one that could help us boost our credibility, especially internationally. But beyon that, it was also about people and trust. Omnes was quick to understand what made us tick and made the most suitable proposal.
How would you describe the five years spent together with Omnes ?
Omnes brought us all its logistical and Financial support to form a market-leading, pan-European business. We have grown from an SME working in a few countries to an international group, for which France now accounts for just 15% of revenues. Our organisational structure is well oiled, our costs are Under control and our ESG criteria* are stronger.
*The environmental, social and governance criteria integrated by a company in its daily management. These criteria are used to assess the company's Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) Policy and the relevance ot its development model.
What are you objectives now ?
To continue developing through organic growth and acquisitions, consistent with the strategy devised with Omnes Capital. We also want to further reinforce our presence in new areas such as big data and leasing, particularly in Germany and the UK.
Exclusive Networks, based in Boulogne-Billancourt, is Europe's leading independent value-added distributor (VAD) for the EMEA region, specialising in the marketing of solutions for businesses in the areas of cybersecurity, data centres and associated value-added services.
The group connects established and emerging global technology vendors from all over the world to markets in the EMEA region via its ‘Super VAD’ value-added distribution model. A specialist in cybersecurity solutions, Exclusive Networks works with more than 7,000 value-added reseller (VAR) partners.
2010 : Omnes acquires a share in Exclusive Networks.
2015 : The SME has become an international company with
– the creation of three subsidiaries, in Austria, Switzerland and Denmark, and
– the acquisition of ten companies, in Norway (Trigg Data), the UK (VADition and ITEC), Germany (TLK), the Middle East (Secureway), Benelux (Terach), Turkey (Bilisimcim), Australia (Whitegold), Italy (Sidin) and France (Fibail System).
2017 : Exclusive Networks expects to top the symbolic mark of €1 billion in revenues
Five years after acquiring shares in SVP, Omnes Capital sells its take in the group.
Omnes acquires a €23 million stake in SVP
A 5-year partnership
- 3 acquisitions in France and Canada between 2012 and 2016
- 32 % turnover growth between 2011 et 2016
- 10,000 client companies and local authorities; 40,000 users
- 650 employees located in France and Canada