Omnes Capital launches new FCPI fund: Capital Invest PME 2017

Omnes Capital has launched a new FPCI (“Fonds Commun de Placement dans l’Innovation”) mutual fund investing in innovative companies: Capital Invest PME 2017. The fund will allow individuals to benefit from tax advantages provided for by the French TEPA law in respect of ISF wealth tax (“impôt de solidarité sur la fortune”) and income tax, while also benefiting from the growth potential of French and European SMEs.

A total of 80% of the Capital Invest PME 2017 fund will be invested in innovative French and European SMEs. The remaining 20% will be invested in non-risky assets in order to provide the investment management flexibility needed and maintain optimum liquidity. This sum may be used as a reserve to make reinvestments in companies in the portfolio.

The 80% quota will make it possible to offer investors an ISF wealth tax reduction of 40% of sums invested.                                                                                    

With €640 million under management to date, over 30 business disposals and 10 successful IPOs carried out in 17 years, Omnes Capital’s Venture Capital team is one of the key players in France in financing innovative SMEs via the management of its FCPI funds.

Since it was created, Omnes Capital’s Venture Capital team has been involved in financing over 120 innovative SMEs in the technology and healthcare sectors (Blablacar, Scality, Novaled, BioVex, arGEN-X, Pixium, Sigfox).

The Venture Capital team invested in five innovative new companies in 2016: AB Tasty (market leader in A/B testing and user experience personalisation solutions), Babbler (professional social media platform dedicated to media relations), Horama (market leader in gene therapy for the treatment of genetic ophthalmic diseases), Intersec (market leader in Fast Data software solutions), and Mes Docteurs (paid remote medical advice platform). Following a successful friendly takeover bid, it also sold Tronics (specialist in electro-mechanical microsystems) to TDK EPCOS.

“We are currently paying particular attention to breakthrough technologies regardless of their field of application (manufacturing or life sciences). France is one of the world’s leading areas for technological innovation, but our start-ups in this field suffer from a lack of financing. As demonstrated by our recent investment in Multix, market leader in spectroscopic x-ray imaging for airport security, we have solid expertise in the technology sector, allowing us to seize the best opportunities,” comments Michel de Lempdes, Managing Partner at Omnes Capital.

FCPI Capital Invest PME 2017
ISIN code (part A): FR0013235876
Minimum subscription: 20 fund units (€2,000)
Entry charges: 4% max.
Total maximum average annual fees: 3.26% max.
Investment duration: 8 years (can be extended twice on the decision of the investment management company)

About Omnes Capital
Omnes Capital is a major player in private equity and infrastructure. With €3.4 billion in assets under management, Omnes capital provides companies with the capital needed to finance their growth and with key expertise in three main areas: Venture Capital, Buyout & Growth Capital and Infrastructure. Omnes Capital was a subsidiary of Crédit Agricole until March 2012. The firm is now owned by its employees. Omnes Capital is a signatory to the United Nations Principles for Responsible Investment (PRI).


Omnes Capital
Gaëlle de Montoussé, – +33 1 80 48 79 16

Josepha Montana, – +33 1 44 50 03 81