Omnes Capital announced the launch of a new FCPI fund: Capital Invest PME 2016

Omnes Capital has announced the launch of a new FCPI fund (mutual fund investing in innovative companies): Capital Invest PME 2016. The fund will allow individual investors to benefit from tax advantages relating to wealth tax and income tax under the TEPA law while also benefiting from the growth potential of French and European SMEs.

The Capital Invest PME 2016 fund will invest 80% of its assets in innovative French and European SMEs. The remaining 20% will be invested in low-risk assets in order to provide the necessary investment management flexibility and maintain optimum liquidity. This amount may be used as a reserve for reinvesting in companies in the portfolio.

The 80% quota will enable investors to benefit from a reduction in wealth tax equal to 40% of the amount invested.

With assets under management of €320 million at present, more than 30 business disposals carried out and 14 successful IPOs in 15 years, Omnes Capital’s Venture Capital team is one of the key players in France in financing innovative SMEs via management of its FCPI funds.
Since it was created, the Omnes Capital Venture Capital team has committed itself to financing over 180 innovative SMEs in the technology and healthcare sectors.

In 2015, the team invested in four new innovative companies: Adents (unit traceability and identification software), TVSMILES (free mobile app that ranks number one in the entertainment and quiz category), Senioradom (novel remote assistance technology) and Mes Docteurs (platform for paid remote medical advice). It is also an investor in BlablaCar, Sigfox and Scality, which carried out the three largest fundraising rounds of 2015. Omnes is the only fund investing in all three of these companies. Also in 2015, it successfully floated Cellnovo, a medical technology company in which it has been an investor since 2011; the IPO showed a high level of investor interest in the e-health sector.

“We are currently seeing the emergence of a new discipline: connected healthcare, which applies recent innovations in electronics, software and communication to the healthcare sector, delivering real benefits for patients, doctors and legislators. As is so often the case, these innovations are being led by start-ups. With our expertise in both healthcare and technology, Omnes is ideally placed to seize the best opportunities,” said Michel de Lempdes, Managing Director at Omnes Capital.

Capital Invest PME 2016 fund

ISIN code (A units) : FR0013054954

Minimum subscription : 20 units (€2,000)

Upfront fee : 4% max.

Maximum total annual fee : 3.42%

Investment period : 8 years (extendable twice a year on the decision of the investment company)

About Omnes Capital
Omnes Capital is a major player in private equity and infrastructure. With €2.1 billion in assets under management, Omnes capital provides companies with the capital needed to finance their growth and with key expertise in a number of areas: Buyout & Growth Capital, Private Debt, Venture Capital, Renewable Energy, Co-Investment, Secondary Funds of Funds. Omnes Capital was a subsidiary of Crédit Agricole until March 2012. The firm is now owned by its employees.
Omnes Capital is a signatory to the United Nations Principles for Responsible Investment (PRI).
More Information:

Press contacts

Omnes Capital
Gaëlle de Montoussé, – +33 1 80 48 79 16

Caroline Babouillard, – +33 1 44 50 58 72